Friday, May 1, 2009

My Little Cherry Blossom


I've been dying to post these pictures but I thought it would be nice to send out Jane's baby announcement first. I had it finished (minus the pictures) a couple months before she came...I could hardly wait. I had it in my mind what I wanted the pictures to be like (springy, long green grass), but I really wasn't up to taking pictures when we came home from the hospital. John and Mary came over for a visit the day after we came home and he had his camera with him. It was like the stars aligned...the weather was warmish, the blossoms were out, and just up the street was the perfect place for the picture I had in my mind. John found the basket (which was genius) and we were off for the world's shortest photo shoot. I think, all-in-all, it lasted about 4 minutes. But long enough to get the sweetest little picture. I LOVE IT! I realize I might be biased...


I love this little girl




As you can see, Jane was not cooperating...


I was feeling much better the next day so I ventured back up the street to take some of Luke and Jane together...and, of course, some of just Lucas. He has not been forgotten ;)


Lucas got this scooter as a "big brother" present. He LOVES it and has been riding it non-stop.



He adores Jane. Every morning I take her to his room and lay her down beside him. He snuggles right up and puts his arm around her and she takes her first little nap right there. It is so sweet.



What kind of post would this be without the grumpy photo's....


10 comments:

Suzie said...

How perfect is it that she is sleeping in that basket?? She is beautiful, and the pictures are gorgeous! You'll have to save that basket forever now so when she's big you can tell her how she used to fit in it!

Love the grumpy pictures. He's got a great pouty face.

kimber said...

...I'm hyper ventilating here...sssoooooooo beautiful. These look like a movie set. The scooter picture is especially charming to me. The street looks so quaint.

Kylee said...

So beautiful! I have shown quite a few people your announcement and they have all said something to the effect of how much they can't believe those pictures are real and you must have superimposed the image or something, but it really just is that beautiful! I love the idea of getting Lucas a big brother present. At Ellie's blessing he rode it back and forth in front of the apartment the entire time. The other little kids were soooooo jealous. :) So....pretty cool scooter. :)

Unknown said...

I have the cutest niece ever!

How much does she way now?

Anonymous said...

I got your announcement and I love it. I too love the basket. The pic's of her in it are so precious. It was fun to see you guys last week. She is a beautiful girl and we are so happy for you.

Thanks for thinking of us for the announcement.

Sally said...

I also got the announcement! You are so on the ball I can't believe it. So smart to have it ready befor Jane came. I think I will do the same...

Ella said...

She is so beautiful! So are all of these nice comments about her. :o) I love it! Scott- you funny.

Monica said...

I just got mine in the mail today. SO beautiful! You are so on top of things to have them all ready like that. I need to learn a thing or two from you! She is a little doll! Congrats!

dixon.mary said...

Janey-bell is so pretty -- don't you just love dressing babies in pink? Her little lips look like a rosebud.
She looks like you, Patti.

Heather said...

PATTI!!!!! I am so dang excited for you! Your little Jane is absolutely perfect, and I am SOO happy she is yours! What a perfect photo shoot, too. Devin and I loved the announcement. So sad that we never sent them out for Maxwell. Oh, well! Too late now, right? HA ha! You're wonderful!