















I live for those who love me,
Whose hearts are kind and true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For all human ties that bind me,
For the task by God assigned me,
For the bright hopes yet to find me,
And the good that I can do.
I live to learn their story
Who suffered for my sake;
To emulate their glory,
And follow in their wake;
Bards, patriots, martyrs, sages,
The heroic of all ages,
Whose deeds crowd History's pages,
And Time's great volume make.
I live to hold communion
With all that is divine,
To feel there is a union
'Twixt Nature's heart and mine;
To profit by affliction,
Reap truth from fields of fiction,
Grow wiser from conviction,
And fulfill God's grand design.
I live to hail that season
By gifted ones foretold,
When men shall live by reason,
And not alone by gold;
When man to man united,
And every wrong thing righted,
The whole world shall be lighted
As Eden was of old.
I live for those who love me,
For those who know me true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For the cause that lacks assistance,
For the wrong that needs resistance,
For the future in the distance,
And the good that I can do.
-George Linnaeus Banks-
6 comments:
Lovely.
You have a good mood switch. It turns on when ever you are shooting even if it was off while you were driving :)
who wouldn't want their pictures in o-town anyway!!
I got the shoes at Sneak a Roo's. I think thee website is www.sneakaroos.com They are the white with the interchangable tops. You can put different bows on the according to different outfits. I am happy to have them. :)
I like the scarf. Beautiful pictures! Are the two at the top at a Union Station train or something? Very cool.
What you should blog about is the beautiful sink you bought or the other exciting finds you've been making... Unless you want to keep it all a surprise until they're put together in your new house. :)
OR, you could blog pictures of the developmental stages of your new house. It's on your mind all the time, right?
Or the Reflections Contest. Haha.
Beautiful pictures!
Thanks for the compliment, coming from you that makes me feel pretty snazzy.
Next time all you gals get together give me a call alright? I love you guys and I feel horrible but I haven't even seen Meghann since she had her baby.
I need to.
Where are you building?
I am dying over the awesome colors in these! You are so GOOOOOD!!!
Post a Comment