Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snowman Day

My awesome mother-in-law held a snowman extravaganza play day for her five little grand kids. Lucas spent all morning cutting out buttons for he and Jane's costumes. He was excited even though he desperately tried not to be....he thought it wouldn't be fun with all the baby games. Poor kid is the only boy and has about 5 years on all the girls so it gets a little lonely for him once in awhile. I'm not sure how Lynette did it but she managed to plan stuff that was fun for all of them. Each activity centered around four books that all had a snowman theme. The kids made scarfs, snowflakes, snowmen, danced, played, "ice skated" on plastic, had races, and even had a snowball fight with marsh mellows INSIDE the house. The babies went crazy stuffing them in their mouths...it was awesome. I pulled 4 out of Jane's mouth...at one time.

Here's Luke reading the first story

Very snowmanish, don't you think? :)
Luke and Jamesy

Here's Jane being a bully and poking out Jamesy's eyes...
Snuggled up for the last story of the day


6 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow marathon is right, but fun to see! Hey are you calling me tacky for sending late valentines??? :)

Unknown said...

You should dye the ends of Janie's hat brown and she'd look just like Princess Leia.

dixon.mary said...

Lynette is amazing. What fun!

Tricia G said...

What a great idea! Poor Lucas! The only boy and the oldest! He at least looks like he had fun! Maybe that's just years of you training him for the camera!

Monica said...

Wow, love all the updates and photos! Your kids are so cute! I'm so behind I don't know where to start but like you I guess it all starts with Christmas! Hope you guys had a great holiday season!

Suzie said...

That's adorable! Love the snowball fight, she's daring eh?