Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reflections


Today Lucas and I went to the Hill Air Force Museum to take some photographs for the Reflections contest. It was the perfect time of day and the lighting was beautiful so I was pretty sure that Luke would be able to get some great shots. I gave him the camera and from there on out he ran the show. I tried to give hime a few suggestions or pointers and he was like "No mom....."--like I was some kind of idiot. Turns out I am--when we got home the best pictures were the ones that he conjured up and the worst shots were, of course, the ones where I told him where to stand. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing. Needless to say, I am proud of my little photographer.




There was one tragedy...when we were getting out of the truck I grabbed my camera just as Lucas was hoping up to the front and I whacked him in the teeth.....hard. It was SO sad! He has a huge slice on his gums and it bleed and bleed. :( Yes, I am the worst mother ever....you can say it Sue. He's never been much of a whiner and got over way faster than I ever would!

4 comments:

Ella said...

You are a terrible person. But Luke is an excellent photographer. It ya got it ya got it.

Tricia G said...

What a terrible mother, taking a picture while your son is crying?!!! But great photos! I think it runs in the family.

Hollie said...

Patti...I LOVE these pictures...why?? because they are of airplanes..im a plane nut..i secretly hold it in until lately...Lucas seriously did a FABULOUS JOB..im so proud of him..what a cute lil photographer you guys have made!! this reminds me to go to the museum..acutally i kinda want to get my pilots lisence..i want to fly a jet or a heli someday:) anyway..poor lil lucas..what a horrible mother..haha jk..you are such a great mother its ridiculous:)

The Walkers said...

So, I LOVED the pictures of Clark and Michelle. Amazing as always! See you in December.