



















I live for those who love me,
Whose hearts are kind and true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For all human ties that bind me,
For the task by God assigned me,
For the bright hopes yet to find me,
And the good that I can do.
I live to learn their story
Who suffered for my sake;
To emulate their glory,
And follow in their wake;
Bards, patriots, martyrs, sages,
The heroic of all ages,
Whose deeds crowd History's pages,
And Time's great volume make.
I live to hold communion
With all that is divine,
To feel there is a union
'Twixt Nature's heart and mine;
To profit by affliction,
Reap truth from fields of fiction,
Grow wiser from conviction,
And fulfill God's grand design.
I live to hail that season
By gifted ones foretold,
When men shall live by reason,
And not alone by gold;
When man to man united,
And every wrong thing righted,
The whole world shall be lighted
As Eden was of old.
I live for those who love me,
For those who know me true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For the cause that lacks assistance,
For the wrong that needs resistance,
For the future in the distance,
And the good that I can do.
-George Linnaeus Banks-
6 comments:
You guys are so much fun:) every pic is so great!! Fishing is such a fun activity..lil Lucas is such a hansome lil dude!! I hope your lil baby girl is doing good:) And Looks like you guys had a great Holiday:) Happy new 2009 to you guys!!
Yikes! I'm with you on the gross fish, that top picture where he looks like he's squishing the fish, yuck! As long as they don't end up in the freezer I guess.
Patti! It was fun to run into you the other day...hope you don't mind, but I found your blog from Hollie. All your pics are sooo cute! Can I just tell you, I still LOVE my wedding video? I watch it all the time (pathetic) and Coby makes fun of me for it, but you guys are AMAZING!!!
Oh no..she doesn't have very much Seaman in her. She does have dark hair at the back, but that is it. I asked mom for baby pictures of me and she said I pretty much don't need to bother (in a nice way) since she looks nothing like me and is a Brown baby. First thought when she was born was that she looks like Shawna, but she is starting to look more like Jackson did when he was a baby. I see lots of him in her.
How are you feeling? When are you due again? You will love having a girl. I just adore her and love dressing her up in cute girly clothes and bows in her hair. I am so excited for you!
I never told you how much i love these pics!!! The green green grass and the blue blue sky. They are amazing! I'm going to need copies:o)
Post a Comment