




























I live for those who love me,
Whose hearts are kind and true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For all human ties that bind me,
For the task by God assigned me,
For the bright hopes yet to find me,
And the good that I can do.
I live to learn their story
Who suffered for my sake;
To emulate their glory,
And follow in their wake;
Bards, patriots, martyrs, sages,
The heroic of all ages,
Whose deeds crowd History's pages,
And Time's great volume make.
I live to hold communion
With all that is divine,
To feel there is a union
'Twixt Nature's heart and mine;
To profit by affliction,
Reap truth from fields of fiction,
Grow wiser from conviction,
And fulfill God's grand design.
I live to hail that season
By gifted ones foretold,
When men shall live by reason,
And not alone by gold;
When man to man united,
And every wrong thing righted,
The whole world shall be lighted
As Eden was of old.
I live for those who love me,
For those who know me true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For the cause that lacks assistance,
For the wrong that needs resistance,
For the future in the distance,
And the good that I can do.
-George Linnaeus Banks-
9 comments:
I already told you how cute I think this is on facebook, but I just have to tell you again. This is so fun.
oh Patti that was the best. You are the cutest ever.
I love this...........especially the P&P!
Well done Patti. Well done. You even remembered Emma and Mr. Knightly. You're a woman after my own heart.
What about Anne and Gilbert????
Make a quiz!! There are some I don't recognize but some I wouldn't have thought of that are so fun. Yeah for the old Tom Cruise!
Patti, I love your blog! I can't believe I've never been to it before! You'll have to teach me how to put pictures in headings and stuff like that-- it looks so good. And I'm not gonna lie, I just watched Pride and Prejudice (A&E, what else?) with Marc again this week. After watching such a good movie, I think "Oh, I want to watch another movie!" But no movies are as good, so I just come up disappointed... You've got some good ones pictured here. It makes me want to go rent a few more! Thank you!
OK...FIRST THINGS FIRST...How did you know that my ALL TIME FAVORITE thing is a guy in a Navy Pilot uniform..just fresh off the jet?? I just watched Top Gun like 3 days ago (yes i have seen it before)..Its one of my all time FAVORITES! and lets get this straight..Tom Cruise..IN THIS FILM..SEXY SEXY SEXY:) i cant get enough of it and her you have my most favorite pic of it on here:) and the singing part..i love you for that:) WOW this is long and about Sexy Navy Fighter pilots-haha!! Thank you For this. ps. You better believe it when i say my fam can party:) I want to see the clips of her dancing:) and one day we will have one more stocking on there..(im guessing you mean a baby) haha. One day..but not for at least another year..:( :)
ps. i copied that pic you have-you know-the one i just drueled over..and what i will do with it..i have no idea..But at least i have it saved so i can stare at it all day:) THANKS
Post a Comment