Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Take your baby to work day

I've been trying to work as little as possible since I had Jane. David has said no to countless weddings but every once in awhile we get the clients that convince us by saying "Oh, just bring your baby!" So those are the few weddings we've accepted. David takes care of Jane and stays out of the spotlight most of the night. I've only have to sneak out one time to feed her and it only takes her about five minutes to eat. Most people don't even realize she's there. She's been amazing! This might sound crazy to some of you but it's the only way I'm willing to keep doing this for now. I'm not going to leave Jane for 8 hours. I'm just not. And it's seems to be working out really well.
Kelsey's wedding day
Here's Jane at the end of the night just patiently waiting for the dancing to stop.

Heather's wedding
There's cute Jane

Ashley's weddingThis was the first wedding I did after I delivered. I had agreed to shoot this wedding earlier in year before they were officially engaged. It was surprise when they finally decided to get married the month after I was due. Jane was four weeks old....I could only find evidence she was there in this shot. She didn't make a peep all day.
I always find a little bit of time to hold and kiss her and then back to Daddy she goes. Love her.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We'd have to use Benadryl with any of our kids

John Paul said...

Who wouldn't love to have Jane at their wedding? She's great.

Ella said...

She is the nicest baby ever!!! Benadryl wouldn't have even scratched the surface of all the reasons I couldn't have taken my babies to work. I shudder to even imagine it.


Holding two cameras around my neck while wearing a Bjorn! I'm seriously laughing right now at my ridiculous little day dream!

Suzie said...

You should just get her a permanent flower girl dress.

Anonymous said...

Patti,
If you weren't so pretty, I'd worry about your "nice" comments about Obama's speech. But at least you have your looks going for you! (Hope you know that I am teasing) Love you and your cuuute family. Aunt Mare

Tricia G said...

Love that first pic! Just GORGEOUS! You're such a good Mommie! I'm still wondering where you got that cute blanket! I just love it and love that you guys obviously love it!

dixon.mary said...

I think it's great that Jane's sweet personality allows you to continue your talent. It would be so sad for all those brides if they had to settle for someone else.

cathi said...

I wish I could take my baby to work! I'm sure those pregnant women wouldn't mind him running around the delivery room. Or running around the nursery trying to poke their babies eyes out. He, he, he. Ok, maybe it wouldn't work. I'll just have to settle for Shawn bringing him for a quick visit.
You are lucky! Sweet little Jane.

Kylee said...

She is such a good baby!! I think that is awesome that you can take her with you! I love her smile in that picture where David is holding her. Has Lucas gone on a photo shoot with you recently? I can't even imagine taking Ellie. I haven't even made it on a seriously grocery store run with just me and her. John is my security blanket when it comes to taking her places. You are super mom!! :)

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I can't believe I haven't read this 'til now. You and David make such a good team that I'm not surprised you've been able to pull this off with Baby Jane beautifully. Of course, she's an ANGEL, but still. And I'm with Mary D-- lucky brides to still get you!