Tuesday, November 2, 2010

CALIFORNIA dreamin

We left for our trip to California in the middle of the night so the kids would sleep most of the drive. It was probably my best idea ever. They only woke up ONCE the entire way. We arrived in CA mid-morning and decided to go the beach since we couldn't check into our hotel for a few hours. We had been cooped up in the car for 10 hours so this was the first chance we had to stretch our legs and play. It was glorious. I don't think there's anything more magical that watching your kids play at the ocean for the first time. Luke has been several times but he couldn't remember. Jane and Luke were both SHRIEKING with delight as they ran away from the waves. This was definitely one of those days that life feels like it couldn't get any better. We had such an amazing trip...honestly, it was so perfect that I feel like I can't get it all in one post. I think I'm going to stretch it out a little bit over the next few days. Hope it doesn't get too boring...if there's anyone out there that checks my blog anymore.








David was kind and sacrificed himself for the self portrait shot.
His head does look freakishly large.
Still pretty cute.

4 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Yay! I was sad not to be able to see you guys Sunday to hear about your trip, but this is great! Keep posting!

The Walkers said...

Yes!! I still read your blog! I have missed your posts. I'm so glad that your trip was perfect. Please post more pictures. And no, Jane does NOT look like an infant.

Kylee said...

So gorgeous!!! I am glad, but not surprised, you had such a wonderful trip! so jealous. ;) That last one of you guys is amazing! (sorry David had to sacrifice his head size) :)

Ella said...

That last picture makes me want to cry! How did you manage to get Jane to smile like that?! Amazing. Yes- we want to see lots of pictures, so yes- stretch it out as long as you can. I'm glad you had a good trip.