I went to school to talk with my dear boy's teacher and was surprised to see all of his name tags with "Luke" on them. She said that on the first day of school he raised his hand and said he would like to be called "Luke" instead of "Lucas" this year. This was, of course, news to me. I usually call him Lucas at home so I'm trying to make the adjustment. We've always used both names so it's not that weird, but it just surprised me he felt strongly enough to tell his teacher. Last year he asked if he could change his name to "Jace" and then it was "Kasey". Enough said. He's been a little mad at me ever since I shut him down. So, I'm pleased that he was able to "change" his name to something I've already approved.I love it when he runs the show...




This was one of his better ideas...I didn't have the heart to tell him that a Corolla isn't a cool car.

I made him smile once so we could see his two beautiful front teeth...he's about to loose them both :(
Lucas is a lot easier to shoot than Jane. It's really hard to get pictures of her when I'm home alone. By the time David gets home pictures are the last thing on my mind. I need help...Mary, where are you!? Come over on Friday so you can help me! :)
8 comments:
Earlier this year he told me he wanted to be called Luke like Luke Skywalker.
I still call him Bazooka.
He's feeling pretty boss by the Toyota, isn't he? How funny.
Do you think 'Luke' will stick through the whole year?
Loved the "Luke" photo shoot and the photos of the first day bus boarding! I remember feeling a little teary also but I got over it pretty fast. I still cry when Annie heads back to Provo in the fall, Steve and Kalli head back to Boston, Mike and Erin head back to Minnesota with THREE of my grandchildren . . . you get the drift. Someone's always headed somewhere and they're taking a piece of your heart with them. There's something very poignant about that first day of school for your first child . . . maybe in your heart you know what's coming . . .?
Our first came home from kindergarten wanting to be called Fabian.
You can bet I had (and am still having) a good time with that one.
If you want he could come and model next to Nick's Sonata. Now that's a sweet ride.
Remember when he gave me the nix on Lukie??
"Ummmmm Aunt Suzie, my name is actually Lucas."
I just can't believe how much he's grown up lately. Lucas is smart-- he knows what he wants and he knows when you're fooling with him. He's good-- polite and obliging. And he's dang cute. I love his photo shoot decisions.
Suzie, whatever your "Sonata" is, we've got you beat. A '97 purplish gray corolla (called the "red" car by Marc...) is even cooler than whatever newer version of Corolla David and Patti have. C'mon Luke, we'll even clean it for ya.
That is too funny! I remember making the switch from Patricia to Tricia and my mom reacted the same way! She wold tell everyone that called me Tricia that name was PA-tricia and I HATED it! It made me hate my full name that much more, so for his sake, call him Luke! I love the pictures. You can tell he's not a little boy anymore. Especially love the Corolla pic! He'll laugh at that when he's 16!
Aaaahhhh! I love your blog. I love your sense of humor. I LOVE this post...too funny next to the Corolla. Holy moly, you're just awesome!! My son told his preschool teacher that his name is Kolby but she can just call him Batman. I need to blog that...I had forgotten. Luke is just too adorable.
Post a Comment