Thursday, September 24, 2009


So, we got a couple bids back on the house I have my heart set on building and they came back a bit too high. In about five years we'll be able to more comfortably and responsibly afford it. We could adjust and build something more affordable but this is the house that I plan on being in forever and I don't want to waste our lot on something I don't love. In the mean time we've decided to buy and it's a bit of an emotional roller coaster. It's been tricky to not get my heart set on things that for one reason or another aren't the best place to move our family...but we found a darling little 4-bedroom house Darling Street in Ogden. It's a great street in a great neighborhood and I'm really hoping it all works out!! I'll keep you posted. It's directly across the street from Grandma Betty (Uncle Bruce's mother).

12 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I searched on KSL for your house (keyword "darling") and no luck. Can I peek at it online? I'm so happy to hear you've found a better place and I hope it works out!

Kylee said...

That's so exciting! Good luck with it!

The Belchers said...

Good Luck... Take pictures as soon as you find out more!

dixon.mary said...

Wow! Down the street from Mom!
How wonderful, Patti! When we lived in Ogden I'd go walking in that neighborhood and admire the houses.

Congrats and good luck.

Dawn said...

Oooh! How fun! Grandma Bette would love it too. Keep us posted as to how it goes. Good luck!

Ella said...

I really hope that everything works out for you! I'd love to have you live in that neighborhood. Ogden rocks!

Suzie said...

Did you not look in Bountiful????

Come on.

The Walkers said...

How nice to be in a position to buy at all. I guess the Hale Homestead will have to do for now. I hope you get your house on Darling Street.

Jennifer said...

Hope it works out!

Sandra and Brent said...

Whoa . . . this is BIG news! I remember chatting with you guys about the house building woes when we were all at the Walker's place. I hope this works out for you. It sounds like you're keeping your heads on straight. Good for you! Love ya, Sandra

Tricia G said...

Good luck! Hope you get what you want and it doesn't include stress!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see it. Ogden will always have a dear place in my heart.