Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Girls Trip to McCall, Idaho


My good friends that I had growing up (none of which blog!!) and I have been wanting to have a road trip together for awhile now. Even though life has taken us all to very different places we've manged to stay really close through the years. Krissy bought a cabin earlier this year in McCall and we decided this would be the summer. Tauna flew in from New York to Salt Lake and me, Tauna, and Amanda jumped in a car and made our way towards Idaho for a fantastic get-a-way.


Even though it's just a cabin, of course, Krissy's got it looking fabulous.

Krissy

The only picture of the four of us...

I LOVE good food, but I don't really like to cook which is why I like hanging out with Krissy:) She planned the menu for the weekend...I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds.

Best Salmon ever

I don't even know what to say about this salad...strawberries, mangos, sugared almonds, gargonza cheese, huckleberries (that she picked), leafy greens, romaine, with an oil and vinegar/lemon salad dressing. It was amazing.

We left on Thursday evening so our husbands would only have to take one day off work with the kids. I, of course, brought Jane. What kind of mother would leave their brand new baby!?!? She's such an angel that I knew it would be fine.

Amanda is pregnant so I did my best to hide her behind something for most of the pictures...she made me promise.


Ponderosa State Park

Payette Lake

Krissy in front of the Gallery that is representing her.


I don't want her to sell this painting and give it to me!


Now that we're all grown-up it's really hard to find time for something like this, but it's so worth it!!

6 comments:

Ella said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip! Love those girls!

Unknown said...

Nothing says Idaho like bugs on a license plate ;)

Nice pics!

dixon.mary said...

How wonderful! You're all so photogenic.

John Paul said...

The salmon makes me hungry.

April said...

Oh how fun. I love those girls. Glad you got away with them.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Krissy seems like a pretty exceptional person. I can't believe how beautiful her cabin looks, considering she only bought it this year. It's all furnished and nice inside! Her paintings are beautiful-- I'm not surprised she sells at a gallery. And her food does look mouth-watering. Plus she's a great mom (you've said so before). Well what doesn't she do? It's neat that you have such great, close friends.