Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lava Hot Springs

My Dad always rents a house in Lava Hot Springs over the 24th of July. It's one of Luke's favorite places because it's not nearly as far away as Lake Powell, but still tons of fun (he HATES long car rides).

I love old houses...all the old fixtures and door knobs.




There's nothing better than lazy time with the family.
Jane is starting to laugh and play with us a bit and it's SO much fun!!!


My new favorite picture


Of course both kids ended up in our bed by the time the night was over...do you see much room for me and David!? Ya...it was a tight squeeze.

We love tubing down the river but this year I got dumped
with my two little nieces. Here's one of my battle wounds.

6 comments:

dixon.mary said...

1. I think that's my new favorite picture too!
2. I love how Janie is sleeping with her arms over her head. So sweet.
3. Anna and Becca didn't have any injuries that bad -- you took one for the team, apparently.

Unknown said...

All the family time is lazy time. It's what we do best ;)

cathi said...

That house is awesome! If you get bored of that, I know a great motel you could stay in! The bugs in the toilet and ants on the floor come with no added charge. Oh, the towels in the windows acting as curtains are a bonus too. Maybe I should have posted pictures!
Nice wound by the way. That must have been some crash. Maybe I'm glad we couldn't do the river.

Ella said...

Looks like it was fun! Wish I would have been there...

What?!!!

The Belchers said...

That looks like SO much fun! Allan and I used to go there a lot when we went to school in Rexburg

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Ouch! That sounds like soooo much fun!! You guys are always off doing playing. I think it is time for our family to get some of these traditions. :)

Love that pic of Luke and Jane. So sweet.