When I was little there weren't too many things cooler than a rainbow so it was fun for me to see how excited Luke was when we spotted this one on our street.
I live for those who love me,
Whose hearts are kind and true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For all human ties that bind me,
For the task by God assigned me,
For the bright hopes yet to find me,
And the good that I can do.
I live to learn their story
Who suffered for my sake;
To emulate their glory,
And follow in their wake;
Bards, patriots, martyrs, sages,
The heroic of all ages,
Whose deeds crowd History's pages,
And Time's great volume make.
I live to hold communion
With all that is divine,
To feel there is a union
'Twixt Nature's heart and mine;
To profit by affliction,
Reap truth from fields of fiction,
Grow wiser from conviction,
And fulfill God's grand design.
I live to hail that season
By gifted ones foretold,
When men shall live by reason,
And not alone by gold;
When man to man united,
And every wrong thing righted,
The whole world shall be lighted
As Eden was of old.
I live for those who love me,
For those who know me true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me,
And awaits my spirit too;
For the cause that lacks assistance,
For the wrong that needs resistance,
For the future in the distance,
And the good that I can do.
-George Linnaeus Banks-
11 comments:
Beautiful!
Did you run home and make him put that shirt on before the picture... LOL!
Gorgeous! HAHA that's funny- I didn't even see the shirt. Coincidence?
Amazing! I didn't know it was actually possible to get a good picture of a rainbow. You wouldn't know it by my sorry attempts!
I wouldn't have noticed the shirt either, but that's funny!
It's just a coincidence, I swear! I usually try to avoid dressing my kid in rainbows...
West Jordan ideally, but anywhere that we can find a nice place and is close to good schools. I found a house yesterday that I love and it depends on the timing of selling the condo. We have to concentrate on selling it 1st. We don't think finding a house will be a problem. We shall see. I am excited about it all. We need a nice change+ the stairs are getting to be brutal with both the kids.
I just finished perusing your last 4 or 5 posts (back to the McCall post, anyway). How did I get so far behind? What a great bunch of adventures . . . I love that you just take your kids and do all these great field trips. I loved field tripping with my kids . . . still do. I also love that you included FOOD pictures because, you know, I'm a big time foodie! Thanks for sharing. Love ya, Sandra
Patti, I love your posts. They all look like professional photo shoots. Sorry, I've been in McCall the past week. The specs on Lucy are as follows: Birthday-July 20, 2009, 4 pounds 11 ounces, 18 inches long, Name-Lucy Jayne Walker. In terms of the wording, I'm not sure. I've never done an announcement before. It would be great if it said mine and Jordan's names. Nothing too cheesy. Does this help?? Have I mentioned your about the coolest person EVER for doing this for us?
So, I need to clarify something. I'm not really sure what I meant by the whole "nothing too cheesy" comment. I just looked at Jane's announcement and it was so cute. I will love anything that you do. You can make the announement really simple. Thanks again.
Lucy was born at 8:26 p.m. Once again you are the best.
Oh my goodness I am SOOOO jealous of your trip to Krissy's cabin! It looks like you had so much fun. Just reading about Krissy's cooking makes my mouth water. Oh, you girls are all so amazing.
I love your pictures by the way...they are gorgeous! Sloane just loves rainbows too! She wants to find the end to see the pot of gold...
As far as that billboard thing goes...my friend and his wife own a talent agency and they told me about it so I turned my picture in and they had me go down and take pictures and ended up asking my husband to come as well. It was for an IHC commercial but they took stills and used it on this! It's fun to see.
I know I'm lame for getting off Facebook. I will just have to call you guys and hang out one of these days!
Post a Comment