Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wolf Creek

Every summer, for as long as I can remember, we've gone up to our condo in Eden, Utah. It's definitely a tradition that I always loved and now it's so fun to see my kids enjoy it too.
The water slide...it taunts Lucas every year. I think he's made it up the ladder the last two summers but he's never been able to go through with it. This year he wanted to give it another try.

The last minute butterflies were almost too much...

but to my surprise and delight, he took the plunge. A little bribery helped too...what kid needs bribery to go down a WATERSLIDE!?!? Seriously.

Goggles are a NECESSITY for Lucas...crazy kid.

Wolf Creek is always the same week as my birthday so we usually celebrate it up there. I'm starting to loose the love of birthdays though...one year closer to 30 :( What?!?!

the loot...(David brought me the flowers)

Nothing better than summer and a juice box I tell ya




little Lucas...wait, nevermind, Jane


Everyone takes their turn holding Jane. She's so sweet.

9 comments:

John Paul said...

30 is the new twenty. You'll like it just wait and see.

I put some video of Lucas going down the slide on David's laptop. Did you see it?

dixon.mary said...

Great pictures. I love the one of Lukas and Ezra in their goggles.

I had a hard time with 30. Is 40 worse?

Ella said...

These pictures are so fun! Good job being on camera duty while you were on vacation. That is impressive. Yay for Lukey going down the slide- just make sure you come through on those Bakugons now. :o)

cathi said...

Cute pictures! (I was a little scared to see one of me though) Lots of good memories at the condo-it is fun taking the next generation. Thanks for letting us come hang out! You guys are the best for always letting us come crash your family stuff!

Sandra and Brent said...

I LOVED my thirties! I never felt so sexy in my entire life! I also felt like people were starting to finally take me seriously as an adult. Don't be afraid . . . you'll love your thirties. I loved your blog post. It was so summerlicious. Actually I took a minute and caught up on your last four or five posts. I have a big smile on my face! Love ya, Sandra

Suzie said...

Thirty and flirty right!??? Who are we kidding thirty is OLD!

I sure love your "liberty" cake. What are you liberated from??

Did your Mom adopt Cathy?

Anonymous said...

I remember going up to Eden a long time ago and had a great time up there. I hope you had a fun birthday.

Our trip was so fun. The kids look more worn out than they were. I just happened to post pictures of them sleepy. The farmer tan looked awful. I got that at Sea World. We didn't think to put sunscreen on until we were ready to leave. I was the only one who got color that day. It was nice to get away and not worry about anything. I wish I could do that more.

Are you coming down this weekend to see James? Jane is getting so big.

Anonymous said...

Jackson & Clara are about a month and a half apart. They had a great time playing together. Sorry..I forgot to write that part in my above comment.

Jennifer said...

I always love your photo's....Don't worry about thirty it has nothing on you!